[Glade-users] glade3.2.0 aboutBox does not have 'program name' option

On Jan 20, 2008 7:12 PM, <chris.neale at utoronto.ca> wrote:

glade3.2.0 aboutBox does not have 'program name' option above 'program
version' option in the 'general' tab. In order, I see Class, Name,
Program version, ...

I easily changed it by modifying the .glade file directly, but it
would be nice to have such an option here. In fact I have seen
tutorials in which such a button is present.

I didn't search the archives before posting this since I can't figure
out how to do that. I did search google, but it would be better if the
archives of this list were searchable.

I dont maintain the ximian lists but I know they are searchable by
google, just pointing it out, not trying to argue with you ;-)

There is a bug in gtk+ with the about dialog, its fixed in more
recent versions - the bug is that the about dialog uses the name
"name" for the "program-name" property (this name was changed
before the next major release of gtk+), the "name" property already
exists for the GtkWidget class and so there is a conflict
(the Program Name field _does_ show up for me with 3.2.0 in
the bottom of the Common tab, as a GtkWidgetClass property,
but I have doubts about the safeness of using it because of the
conflict I pointed out).

more recent versions of glade & gtk+ will have this fixed, sorry
for the inconvenience.