[Glade-users] tray app

On Jan 20, 2008 8:42 AM, nikos roussos <nikos at hellug.gr> wrote:

i 'm trying to make an application that will only show up in the system
tray.

i have managed to make the app disappear from taskbar and i have also
removed
the window manager decorations (tyoe hint -> dock).

i stil can't find out how to make it apear in the system tray.

any ideas?

For the record, you are better off asking gtk+ related questions
on the gtk+ lists (gtk-app-devel-list at gnome.org), someone will
surely know the answer there ;-)

The system tray is the toolbar portion where you see icons of
running apps such as gaim, skype etc ? in which case in your
shoes I'd be looking through gaim source code, but I'll bet theres
something in the general gtk+ documentation (I'm sure its
some breed of ipc message to the window manager via the
X server).