[Glade-users] how to dismiss a widget and be able to call it back again

Using Glade 2 & gtk 2.12.0

I'm having trouble with dismissing my "help" and "about" windows in such a way
that I can re-open them.

I currently use
on_help_destroy_event(...) { return FALSE; }
and
on_help_close_clicked(...) { gtk_widget_hide(help) }
I also tried gtk_widget_destroy.

I have searched the gtk reference but can't recognise what I need if I have
actually seen it.

Is there a more informative document somewhere and/or a kind soul willing to
share the answer.

/]/]ik

BTW I apologise if cross posting is out of order