[Glade-users] Glade api functions

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Germ?n Diago <germandiago at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello. I'd like to know if there is a way from the glade api to obtain,
given a widget name, its type
and the signal and callback names for that widget .
I'm implementing a utility and it should be convenient to be able to
obtain these. If I can't I would have to obtain
info from the xml by hand, which is a little cumbersome. Thanks a lot in
advance.

What kind of utility are you writing, should you really be using the gladeui
library api ?

when running gladeui, all that information is readily handy in our own data
structures,
in raw gtk+ its also easy to obtain this information, except you must ensure
that
the widget type in question that you are querying has already been
registered in glibs
type system.

You can find documentation on all those apis readily handy in the GObject
docs
on developer.gnome.org.