[Glade-users] GtkHelpDialog and close....

I've seen this listed as a bug elsewhere and seen it listed as
not-a-bug.  But it's annoying.

The "Credits" and "License" buttons just work without having to connect
any signals.  But the close button does nothing.  And when building with
glade, the internal action area does not let me access the close button
to connect a signal.  Instead, what I find from searching the web is
that I have to do something like this in my callback:

void
on_menu_help_about_activate_cb(GtkObject *object, gpointer user_data)
{
    GtkWidget *window = GTK_ABOUT_DIALOG(gtk_builder_get_object(builder,
"help_about_dialog"));
    gtk_about_dialog_set_version(window, VERSION);
    /* gtk_widget_show(window); */
    gtk_dialog_run(window);
    gtk_widget_hide(window);
}

But the gtk_dialog_run effectively makes the dialog modal.

Is there a way around this?

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD