[Glade-users] segfault somewhere in glade_xml_new_from_memory

Hello -
I have a ~64k buffer of .glade xml text and am trying
to pass it off to glade_xml_new_from_memory() as
follows:

char glade_file[] = "... blah blah blah valid glade
xml content blah blah ...";
xml=
glade_xml_new_from_memory(glade_file,sizeof(glade_file),NULL,NULL);

but a nasty segfault crops up before the
glade_xml_new_from_memory function returns:

$ ./theprog
(theprog:7334): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_path_get_dirname:
assertion `file_name != NULL' failed
(theprog:7334): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **:
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file: assertion `filename != NULL'
failed
Segmentation fault

This output is not what I had expected.  The gtk
interface is simple, just has some buttons, labels,
and text boxes.  Note that there are also some
GtkImages, but the problem doesn't go away if I remove
them and rebuild.
Bleah.  Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks!!!
Jon

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time