[Glade-users] preparsing glade files without open X connection

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 13:35 -0700, Andy Tai wrote:
Hi, is it possible to call glade_xml_new() without an open connection
to X windows (i.e., without initializing gtk+)?  This may sound funny
but I am looking of a way to bringing in .glade files into memory and
having it parsed and cached  before I started the GUI.

I believe gtk+ initialization requires an open connection to an
X server - I dont think this requirement is really needed until
realizing widgets (i.e. showing them on screen).. you might try
looking at the gtk docs for alternate ways of initializing gtk,
I'm not sure but I dont think its currently possible the way
its written.