[Glade-users] [glade-users] Call g_object_unref() on GladeXML object?

Thanks for the input on my previous post.

I also noticed that all examples and the API docs don't say anything
about unrefing the GladeXML object--yet many larger-scale projects I
look at do so using g_object_unref() and it is also recommended in a
couple articles and mailing list posts (Here:
http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/glade-users/2004-October/002169.html
and Here: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-gnome-glade/)

Is there any particular reason that it is not mentioned in the API for
glade_xml_new() that you should free the object when no longer needed?
Is this not necessary or is it assumed to be a "given"-- because I think
most new users will not know to do so and thus the samples and demos
should use it if it's necessary. The GTK/Glib docs typical remind the
user when a function returns a resource which needs to be freed.

- Micah Carrick
  Freelance Developer
  http://www.micahcarrick.com | http://www.gtkforums.com