[Glade-users] Help with dialog box

I've modified your glade dialog so that the "Cancel" button resides in a
dialog_action_area. You could then run the dialog using:

void on_button_pressed ()
{

        GladeXML *gxml = glade_xml_new ("mydir/dialog.glade",
"my_dialog", NULL);
        GtkWidget *dialog = glade_xml_get_widget(gxml, "my_dialog");
        GtkResponseType result;

        result = gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG(dialog));

        if (result == GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL)
        {
                /* This will always be the result because "cancel" is
the only button */
        }

        /* destroy widget */
        gtk_widget_destroy (dialog);
}

That's just one way. You could do it the way you're trying to an have
code to handle the cancel button's "clicked" signal, but this might be
an easier solution.

Cheers,

- Micah Carrick
  http://www.micahcarrick.com | http://www.gtkforums.com

Paolo Franzetti wrote:
Hello.

I would like to open a dialog box from my main GTK app.
To do this I have in my main code the line:

dialog=glade_xml_new(/mydir/dialog.glade" , NULL, NULL);

and the glade file attached.

The dialog opens but it is freeze; I cannot do anything in it ...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Paolo

Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com