[Glade-users] Help with dialog box

On Jan 4, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Paolo Franzetti wrote:
Hello.

I would like to open a dialog box from my main GTK app.
To do this I have in my main code the line:

dialog=glade_xml_new(/mydir/dialog.glade" , NULL, NULL);

and the glade file attached.

The dialog opens but it is freeze; I cannot do anything in it ...

What am I doing wrong?

A difficult question to answer, since we can't see the rest of your
code.  My first guess is that you're missing some step.  Are you
obtaining the dialog object with glade_xml_get_widget? Are you
showing that dialog?  Are you connecting signals, either by obtaining
objects and calling g_signal_connect or using
glade_xml_signal_autoconnect?

Any number of things could be going wrong.  Poke around with these
suggestions, read the libglade reference manual, and perhaps send us
a more extensive piece of your code if you continue having difficulties.

HTH,
Michael