[Glade-users] Text Entry Box

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 09:32 -0600, Michael Fasolino wrote:

All,

I am using a Text Entry box (GtkEntry), and am trying to find a way to
align the text in such a way that when the text is longer than the
entry box can display, it will display the last part of the text and
not the first.

Specifically, I am allowing the user to enter in a file name (with
path).  I also have a button to allow the user to create the "next"
output file (which adds an index to the existing file name).  My
problem is that when I hit the "Next" button the alignment of the text
in the Entry Box slides to the beginning of the file name, and thus
all I am able to see is the directory structure and not the file
name.

It seemed alining the text so the last part would be visible should be
possible, but I could not find how to do it anywhere in the
documentation... Is there something that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can set the cursor position to the end using this function:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkEditable.html#gtk-editable-set-position