[Glade-users] glade_xml_signal_autoconnect woes

Hello all,
Novice programmer here. So please be gentle :)..Anyway I have this
project wherein the main routine is in a file called main.c, main.h has
some defines and includes all other headers. I like to group the
callback functions in different files according to the widget from which
they occur, for example filechooser.c, .h etc. Since code generation in
glade isnt recommended I tried libglade after stripping all the
generated code. Now when I use glade_xml_signal_autoconnect() I get a
warning that.

libglade-WARNING **: could not find signal handler <signal_handler>

Please do note that standard gtk functions like gtk_widget_show() work
properly.
Of course if I use glade_xml_signal_connect(), it works..However since
the program is going to a sizeable number of dialogs I guess handcoding
callbacks for basic things like window hiding, showing etc is
unnecessary.
Since I use autotools to manage my project, I added the -rdynamic and
--export-dynamic flags to the Makefiles also after some googling, but
didnt work. Also callbacks arent declared static.
I hope I have given information regarding this problem. Would be great
if anyone sheds light on this.

regards
Sudharshan S