[Glade-users] Glade and signals

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
Hi all.

I'm using glade for some starting projects. But I have a question...

How do the signal handlers access to the GUI widgets?

Because only receiver is passed to the widget, but you will handle no
one, normaly two or more widgets. And I don't want to retrieve all the
widget tree all the time.

You can pass another widget from the project as user data to the
callback by using the "object" field in the glade editor.

If thats not enough... I suppose its best to just use
glade_xml_get_widget() on the widgets you need at startup time
and call g_signal_connect() yourself and pass some more interesting
user_data arguments.