[Glade-users] An oft asked question --- I'm sure

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 18:44 -0700, Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) wrote:
:)

Will glade ever feature free form widget (control) placement. (I dont care
much for the layout boxes - forget their name). I think glade is the only
tool (contemporary) that still does this. (I'm trying to use anjuta - but
may dump C/C++ entirely in favor of tools like Boa and Python or VTcl and
Tcl/Tk). I have decades of experience with C/C++, but find using glade
tedious. (Non-trivial legacy apps that have complex UI's)

It already does support it. Use either the GtkFixed container or the
GtkLayout container (if you need scrolling).

But it is generally not a good idea to use them, since if you translate
your interface to another language the positions may be messed up (text
in other languages is usually longer than in English).