[Glade-users] Using Treeviews

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:32:30 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 14:43 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
[...]
Hi Tristan.

Defining the model data in the GUI is tempting, but I doubt if it is
entirely appropiate or useful. The interface is likely to become
complicated, for example permitting conditional attributes...

_Not_ having all possibilities available in the GUI is, IMHO,
counter-productive, as reliance on a GUI would mean less frequent
'manual' use...

Hi,
   Here is my own personal opinion on the matter...
So I would opt to sooner add support for canvases etc in glade
for those cases where people need simple hardcoded lists/choices,
and leave dynamic model data to the programmer to generate.

That is quite similar to what I said (or at least what I meant ;-) Pity
the simple ComboBox is deprecated, and even the simple CList was a
straightforward solution for simple problems.

John