[Glade-users] Using Treeviews

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:57:58 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 13:51 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:06:22 -0500
"Zach Tibbitts" <zach at collegegeek.org> wrote:

When using a Treeview in Glade (3.1.4) is there any way to define
the columns, etc. within Glade itself?

No, there isn't. Part of the reason is that the definition of the
data in the treeview is not necessarily the same as the database that
'feeds' the view (the gtktreemodel).

So you may have a treemodel with more (or even less) columns than the
view, and Glade only lets you define the treeview, not the model.

Also, if anyone feels like arguing the relevence of supporting
model data in a GUI designer - I'm all ears :)
(cross-posting to glade-devel for that reason).

Hi Tristan.

Defining the model data in the GUI is tempting, but I doubt if it is
entirely appropiate or useful. The interface is likely to become
complicated, for example permitting conditional attributes...

_Not_ having all possibilities available in the GUI is, IMHO,
counter-productive, as reliance on a GUI would mean less frequent
'manual' use...

John