[Glade-users] how to include gtk file for application.?

Hi i am sameer.
                            I am working on a project for banking under
linux.(Red Hat Linux 9.0)

we are asked to use
  1) GTK
  2)Mysql

I have worked succesfully on mysql,but the problem is with gtk.

when i write the program in gtk and try to compile it it is giving error
that it is not able to include gtk/gtk.h header file.
I am writing the program and the error below.

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main( int   argc,char *argv[] )

{

    GtkWidget *window;

    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    gtk_widget_show  (window);

    gtk_main ();

    return 0;

}

when compilingthe program with the following statement

 gcc base.c -o base 'pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0'

i am getting an error

*unable to include directory 'gtk/gtk.h' .*
**
i will be grateful for the solution .

thanking you.
sameer.