[Glade-users] Finding widget from its name?

Is there a function that allows one to search for a widget using its name or label? I'm using Glade 2 to
design a window (just a basic input form), and each widget has a unique name. Unfortunately Glade doean't
save any global pointers to the widgets; I can only assume that there must be another way to find the objects
from within the callback functions.

Eg. I have to text entries, 'user' and 'passwd', and a button, 'logon'. When I press 'logon' I want to copy
the text in 'user' and 'passwd' to appropriate strings and try to connect to eg. and Oracle server. How do I
find the two text entry widgets?