[Glade-users] on_realize() not being called

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 15:13 -0400, Jeff Simpson wrote:
I've seen this a few times before, but haven't found an answer
anywhere on the web or in the mailinglist archives.

I have a window that I created in glade, compiles, works great. I
cannot for the life of me get the on_realize() signal to work for the
window. Likewise, I can't get ANY signal that seems like it would
correspond to the window loading (on_show, etc). I just need someplace
to do the things that I would do in a constructor if I had one. At the
moment I have a button that you have to press when you start the
program, and I really don't like the idea that initialization of
dynamic classes and such aren't done until they click that button. Any
suggestions on getting on_realize() to work or a replacement? Thanks!

Why don't you just add the code after the call to create_windowX()?
I don't see the need for a callback to do initialization.

I just tried adding a "realize" handler and it worked fine. "map" works
as well. Are you sure you added the signal? (The Glade interface is a
bit confusing for that. Look in the XML file to check.)