[Glade-users] Widgets in memory...

Micah Carrick wrote:
Hi,

I'm relatively new to GTK programming.  I'm using Glade to generate the
XML files for use with libGlade to write a Gnome application. My
question is, should I be using glade for the about, file selection, font
selection, etc dialogs?  Because then aren't they loaded when the
program starts?  Just "invisible".  Isn't that a waste of memory for a
dialog a user may never even see?

That all depends on how you use glade files, you could
pass the "root" argument to glade_xml_new (), that "root"
could be the dialog you want to create (and you can just
destroy it and recreate it using the same process); optionaly
you can also use more than one glade file.