[Glade-users] A question about Signals on Glade

Hello
First, please, excuse my english.

I'm trying to learn something about how to make applications using
Glade, but I've some doubts.

For the first time, I've tried to start with a small window without
events to catch, that is, only a window for viewing if it works, and it
does it, it works.
I've tried lated to add a menu for opening an About dialog, but I don't
know how to do it. I've made that: on signals (propierties dialog) I
have a signal activate, on_about_activate, object: about (the name of
about box), and After marked as yes, and I added it.
It appears on propierties, but I don't know what I must do after,
because when I try to ./compile the program I get this error message:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
./configure: line 4068: syntax error near unexpected token `PACKAGE,'
./configure: line 4068: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE, $pkg_modules)'

Where's my mistake?

Thanks in advance. I could send the .glade file if needed.

PD: I don't know if the names of buttons are correct, I use glade in
spanish.