[Glade-users] Startup Agent

I am a new programmer to UNIX environment.
I am having an assignment to devlope a startup agent like we have
agents running in 'Systm Tray' in Windows environment.

I need to connect to a server and interact with it using commands
fired by the events from the Tray agent.

I initially need help for developing this agent with an icon running
on to 'System Tray' and having a menu poped up from where commands can
be fired.

Thanks
Arvind