[Glade-users] glade-2 gtkada code generation doesn't work with signals

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 10:08, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
Hello,

I used glade-2 to create a window, I put a FixedPosition object in the
window and a button in that. Then
I added a clicked signal and saved the file. After that I did a build
and I get this error :

Error running gate to generate the Ada95 source code.
Check that you have gate installed and that it is in your PATH.
Then try running 'gate <project_file.glade>' in a terminal.

I checked and gate is indeed in my path, so I tried to run it manually
and I get this :

$ gate project4.glade
Generating Ada files...

(gate-in.exe:15711): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_lookup:
assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (itype) || G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE
(itype)' failed
Couldn't generate Ada code. Exiting.

My lab partner also has the same problem, but he has an older version.

The Ada code generator is maintained separately, so I can't help I 'm
afraid. You could ask for help on the GtkAda mailing list: