[Glade-users] glade: how to create a "gtk_combo_box_new_text()" instance?

Hello,

I have defined a GTK+ combo box with Glade. I would like to
start adding character strings to it with:

gtk_combo_box_append_text ()

However, glade does not give me the option it seems to instantiate the
combo box with gtk_combo_box_new_text() instead of with gtk_combo_box_new ()
and according to the docs the combo box needs be instantiated with the former
for things to work.

Any ideas? Is there some way to get round this restriction?

Thanks,

Neil