[Glade-users] Definition/description of signals....

Friends

I am brand new to this mailing list and have joined yet another mailing
list in desperation as I can find no place that describes what gtk
signals *mean*.

I sent this email a couple of days ago, as soon as I had joind the list,
and it did not come through.  (Testing: 1,2,3!-)

Eg: From the dev-book documentation

The "cursor-changed" signal

void        user_function                  (GtkTreeView *treeview,
                                            gpointer user_data);

treeview :    the object which received the signal.
user_data :    user data set when the signal handler was connected.

But *when* is this signal emitted and *why*?

My trouble is I have a GtkTreeView I want to detect when a node (a row
actually) is selected by the user.  I am using cursor-changed but my app
is crashing with a seg fault in a manner which confuses my debugger.

I am fairly confident I will get to the bottom of it but I have no
confidence I am using the correct signal handler in this case and a
dozen like it.

In friendly frustration
Worik