[Glade-users] setting version number

Scot L. Harris wrote:

First, thanks for a great utility.  Has worked very well for a project I
am working on.

I noticed in the Makefile there is a dist option which produces a nice
tar file of the files needed to create the project.  A very nice
feature.

My question is how to set the version number of the project?  I can see
variables in the configure file and in config.h.  But if I modify
config.h that version information is not picked up by the Makefile for
the dist option.

What is the best way to set this?  Is there a way to generate an install
tar file with just the binary?

Thanks.

This is a nice tutorial if you have a free hour. It explains quite well
some aspects that are managed by glade and other projects like anjuta.

http://www.anjuta.org/documents/C/anjuta-advanced-tutorial/index.html

See ya