[Glade-users] downgrade Linux

Guys I'm probably not supposed to do this but I have downgraded my Linux
system from RedHat-9.0 to RH-7.3.

The evaluation 9.0 distro did not have working driver for my built in VGA,
an S3 Pro Savage KM133.  The older Linux runs it on the standard vesa
driver which also doesn't work in my RH-9.0.

Both versions detect my monitor, and NEC MultiSync C500.  But enough about
RedHat.  I want my game compatible with the older Linux which appears to
have more complete drivers.

I kept my old code for a game I'm working on made with Glade2 on
RH-9.0.  Glade1 on RH-7.3 won't rebuild it, needless to say.

On the first make or the old source it told me I needed a newer autoheader,
part of automake.  It has been upgraded to version 2.52 using a source code
package.  This automake rebuilt the headers with no errors.  However on
recompiling I am getting errors on the most basic of glib and C+ types in
one of my source files.  (all source files are included in Makefile.am)

-------------------->  the code:

int randPik (gboolean ply)
{
   int k = 0;
   int bowild = 0;   /*  accessed read-write  */
   for (k=0;k<4;k++) {
     int l = 0;
     for (l=0;l<5;l++) {
       winuz[k][l] = FALSE;
       int m = g_random_int_range ((guint)0, (guint)63);
       int n = 0;
       switch (m) {
         case 9: case 10: case 11: case 12: case 13: case 14: case 15: case
16: case 17: {
           n = 1;          /* stays 0 if less than 9 */
           break;

        /* (..more cases ..) */

         } case 62: case 63: {
           n = 11;
           break;
         } default: {
           n = 0;
         }
       }
       deal[k][l] = n;
     }
   }

    /*  ( ..  more code .. )  */

------------------>  the error:

callskull.c: In function `randPik':
callskull.c:251: parse error before `int'
callskull.c:253: `m' undeclared (first use in this function)
callskull.c:253: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
callskull.c:253: for each function it appears in.)
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:254: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:255: `n' undeclared (first use in this function)
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:257: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:260: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:263: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:263: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:263: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:263: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:263: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:263: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:266: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:266: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:266: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:266: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:266: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:266: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:269: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:269: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:269: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:269: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:269: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:272: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:276: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:276: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:276: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:276: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:279: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:279: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:279: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:282: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:286: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:286: case label not within a switch statement
callskull.c:289: default label not within a switch statement
make: *** [callskull.o] Error 1

Is something missing in my random or gbooleans?  This one has stumped
me.  I have similar errors later in the code.

Cheers!

~skull>