[Glade-users] Gnome

I've been using Python and Glade to write GTK+ apps. All good.

Now I've created my first 'Gnome Project' with Glade and I have a
problem. I've created a GnomeApp window called 'app1' and added a
GnomeCanvas to it. That's it for now.

To load the Glade file in Python I do this:

        import gtk.glade
        gtk.glade.XML('project.glade', 'app1')

Which doesn't entirely work.....

(:1422): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1002
(g_object_get): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Segmentation fault

This method works for loading Glade files which use a GtkWindow even
when there are Gnome widgets on the GtkWindow. Is there an alternative
method for loading Glade files when using Gnome and GnomeApp, not just
GTK+?