[Glade-users] Locating libgnomeui-2.0

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 17:21, G. Walsh wrote:
I am attempting to work through the Glade2 tutorial - and it has been
rather fun up to the point of "compiling for the first time".

At that point, autogen is not able to check for libgnomeui-2.0.

"configure.log:1390"checking for libgnomeui-2.0"

I first checked for the location of the libraries using gnome-config
--prefix, which returns /usr as I would have expected.

in /usr/lib are the following:

libgnomeui-2.so.O -> libnomeui-2.so.0.400.0*
libgnomeui-2.so.0.400.0*
libgnomeui.a
libgnomeui.la*
libgnome.so -> libgnomeui.so.32.14.1*
libgnome.30.32 -> libgnomeui.so.32.14.1*
libgnomeui.so.32.14.1*

Looks to me like an embarrassment of riches!

But clearly I need to be shown how to either change the reference
autogen is using or identify and locate the missing library package.

You probably need to install the libgnomeui-devel package, which
includes the header files you need to compile apps.

They should probably be in /usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0