[Glade-users] Drawing area click signal

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 16:22, Jeff Simpson wrote:
I'm using Glade-2 and gtkmm to develop a C++ gtk application. I am
having trouble getting some signals to work. I make the object in
glade, assign a signal to a function, save and build. The function
prototype shows up in the code, but no matter what I put into the
function, it doesn't execute. Here's a breakdown of my results:

toggle button: click event works
normal button: click doesn't work
window: can't find any event that means "created" or "show" that works
drawing area: click doesn't work, show doesn't work
menus: won't compile with menus

Can anybody point me in a direction where I could find a way to make
some of these things work? I know when I was using C with glade, I had
to put in a single-line to enable the click signal on the drawing
area, but I can't find a parallel in C++. Thanks!

You may need to set the "Events:" property to get the signals you want.
Widgets only get the events they specifically ask for.