[Glade-users] glade interface positioning

argus swiftdsl com au wrote:

Greetings,
In positioning various things (text & entry fields) on my interface, I am
having a problem whereby all the things are displayed left justified (I
want them to be right justified). In other words a text field which I
would like on the bottom right hand side of the interface is being
displayed on the bottom left side.

I am unsure of the best way to shift them to the right hand side (I have
thought of using a dummy text box (with no text (or spaces)), but this
seems to be a bit troublesome and a bit of a kludge.

Could somebody drop me a hint?

Hello,
If you pack your widgets inside GtkHBox - use gtk_box_pack_end()
function or set *Pack Start* toggler to "No" in *Packing* tab in glade'
*Properties* dialog.

For GtkLabel you can use gtk_misc_set_alignment() function or set *X
Align* spin to "1.0" in *Widget* tab in glade' *Properties* dialog. This
will not work if label covers only the space needed for displaying its text.

You also can use binary GtkAlignment container for any widgets. It has a
property similar to GtkLabel which can be set with gtk_alignment_set()
call or in glade: *X Align* spin = "1.0", *Widget* tab, *Properties*
dialog. GtkAlignment can be added/removed on many widgets in pop-up menu
that shows after right-click. You might want to use *Widget Tree*
browser (*View* menu item in glade) for searching.

GTK+ reference can be found at:
http://gtk.org/api/

    Olexiy