[Glade-users] glade - application install as non root user

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 19:15, omar331 yahoo com br wrote:
Hi,

i'd created an glade (1.3) application using gnome
support, but it needs to be installed in PCs that
don't have tools like make, automake, autoconf... so
the user cannot do something like 'make install'.
Package up the binaries in RPM or Deb format (or any other package)
depending on the platform.

There is still another problem: the application uses
some dynamic linked library and the installation must
be made as non root user.
Packages can be made to install into a users home though this is not the
norm.  For the libaries, put them in some directory and then write a
wrapper script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<your lib
dir>:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} and then executes the binary.

I've tried to create an installation in my home dir
and zipped the directory, but when I tried to install
in another user dir, the application simply don't run.
Can anybody help me?

Perhaps if you gave more info such as the layout of your files
and what libraries you are linking with.  If you do the wrapper script
Zipping it up should work fine also.

--
J5