[Glade-users] GtkText Widget?

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 01:49, Richard Steffens wrote:
I'm using the New Riders book, MySQL Building User Interfaces to learn
Glade. It was written to go with a version of Glade that came with RH
Linux 6.2 (or thereabouts). I'm using Glade 1.1.1 on a machine running
RH 8.0.

For one of its projects, the book calls for a widget to support the
entry of comments. It is a multi line text entry widget that appears,
from the code I downloaded from the book's web site, to be a GtkText
widget coupled with a GtkScrolledWindow widget. I don't find that widget
in the 1.1.1 palette. The closest I find is a GtkEntry widget, but I
don't see a way to get it to scroll.

Can someone point me in the direction of documentation that will tell me
how to get a multi line text entry widget with the 1.1.1 version?

You want the GtkTextView widget that replaces the old GtkText widget
(which had lots of bugs).

See the reference docs on http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/