[Glade-users] Signals for data on fifos/pipes

Fellow Glade Users,

     I was trying to find out what code is available, which would allow a
callback function to be associated with data being present on a fifo/pipe.
For instance, two programs communicate through a fifo, and they need to know
when the other program writes data to that fifo. What GTK+/GDK/etc. data
structure or function would allow me to accomplish this.