[Glade-users] Error message interpretation

  I'd appreciate someone interpreting this error message for me:

(glade-2:17810): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non
scrollable widget use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() instead

  What I am trying to do is to create a scrollable window for both the entry
of text (multiple lines; up to 512 chars each record) and viewing of all
records in that table. I can send a screenshot of the window if that helps.

  What I did was to add scrollbars, then a vbox with two compartments. In
the top compartment I placed a hbox with two compartments, one for each
label: "date" and "notes". In the lower vbox compartment I inserted a text
entry widget and expanded it vertically to fill the available space.

  Is this what I should be doing? If not, how do I get to the same endpoint
of an editable/viewable window equivalent to the deprecated clist?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)