[Glade-users] Linking to additional libraries

Greetings, I'm new to the list and new to programming in Linux with
Glade, Gnone, GTK+, and the works. I have a newbie question.

I've created an application with glade. I want to use the GtkExtra
GtkPlot widget so I added a custom widget to my UI and implemented the
callback to create a new instance of the plot widget.

In src/Makefile.am I added the following line, just before
@PACKAGE_CFLAGS@ in the "INCLUDES =" section so the compiler would know
were #include <gtkextra.h> was located:

-I/usr/local/include/gtkextra \

Since the compiler finds gtkextra.h, I'll assume this is correct.

Now, I cannot figure out how/where to put a reference to
/usr/local/lib/libgtkextra so the program can be linked against it. What
file do I need to modify, where, how, and why?

Many thanks,
Rick

--
Rick Brice <Rick Brice comcast net>