[Glade-users] Error While Configuring

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 20:16, Myuran Pathmanathan (Arbornet) wrote:
On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 07:59, Myuran Pathmanathan wrote:
List Members,

I encountered the following error while compiling a project built with
glade. I use glade 2.

checking for ANSI C header files... yes
./configure: line 1337: syntax error near unexpected token
`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE,'
./configure: line 1337: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE, $pkg_modules)'

It looks like you need to install pkg-config.
(Most GTK+ & GNOME apps now use pkg-config to check which versions of
libraries are available.)

Damon

Thanks Damon, but I have pkg-config installed in my computer and it is in
the path. Any idea?
Do you have gnome-common installed?  How did you install GNOME 2?  If
you didn't compile GNOME 2 yourself you are most likely missing
development files.  gnome-common is a collection of files needed for
GNOME 2 development.  Also it is best not to let Glade 2 generate code.
Use libglade and the build scripts from gnome-hello.  If you are so
inclined you can compile Anjuta 2 from CVS (though it is spread across a
couple of CVS modules) .  It has a nice project wizard though it is
still a work in progress.  I hear Anjuta 1 has GNOME 2 support in CVS
also though I am not sure if they have the project wizard done yet.

--
J5