[Glade-users] window title

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 12:12, Manu C S wrote:
Hi,

For every execution of my gtk application, the title of my main
window is set as:
      application_name <2>
and this number is incremented for each subsequent invocation
of the application.
Is it possible to have the title without this number?
How does one do it?

Did you set the title of the window in Glade?
I think the window manager may add '<2>' etc. if you don't set a title
and it has to make one up.

Also, even though I quit my application, at the command line
I have to explicitly do a ^-C or something to actually exit.
How can I make my application completely exit when I quit
my application from the GUI?

You have to call gtk_exit() in one of the signal handlers to exit the
application. e.g. connect to the 'delete-event' signal of the window
(which is emitted when the user clicks on the 'x' close button) and call
gtk_exit() in that.