[Glade-users] Newbie - Glade GUI Designer Problem ?

I`m trying to design a Gnome GUI using Glade but am a
bit confused. I create a window and select fixed
positioning. Then I can drag and resize most of the
widgets - except the combo box - which as soon as I
drop onto the window just sticks to the right hand
side and refuses to be resized. I`m sure I must be
doing something wrong. So how do I get the combo box
to drag and resize, under fixed positioning, like the
other widgets ?