[Glade-users] unknown property 'stock item' problems

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 22:30, kosh wrote:
Hi there,

okay, I fixed the problem with the signals and libglade, for those
interested, it's because if you are making a C++ project, then you have
to surround the callbacks you want libglade to link against with extern
"C" { whatever } and then add -export-dynamic to your linker flags,
it'll work then.

My problem now is that I'm building a menu and it's complaining about
unknown properties.  Hereis the error in full.

(jibberjabber:13003): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `stock_item'
for class `GtkMenuItem'

So, anyone know why it would complain about that?  I've got a feeling
it's cause I'm not including gnome libraries or something, for some
reason glade seems to think I am writing a gnome application.  In the
options for my project, it has a toggle button for gnome support, but
it's permenantly turned on and I can't change it cause it's greyed out,
if you know why this would be, let me know, along with any answers you
have about my current problem.

Did you use libglade-convert to convert an old Glade app to glade-2
format?

I've just noticed a problem with this. libglade-convert doesn't output
the .gladep file which contains the project options, so it forgets it
was a GTK+ app and assumes it is a GNOME app.

To work around it you need to run libglade-convert, then open the
project in Glade and save it, then edit the .gladep file and add
"<gnome_support>FALSE</gnome_support>" under the <glade-project> tag.

That is pretty awkward though, so we'll need to figure out a better way.