[Glade-users] File Selection Widget

On Mon, 2001-09-03 at 03:06, yannis1976 wrote:
    Hello,
    I'm new in glade and gtk programming, I'm writing a small
    program with glade and I need some help..
    I have managed to add the file selection widget in the program
    and it pops up when I press the open button (using callbacks).
    Then I choose a file by double clicking (or pressing OK) and
    -of course- nothing happens... Can someone tell me how do I
    "catch" the event that a file was selected and which file was it?
    I believe this must be something simple, waiting for your
    valuable help.
    --Yannis

    p.s.: is there any tutorial so newbies like me would not bother
    the list with such silly questions?

There is a simple text editor application included in the Glade
tarball that does this, so you could read that code.

See the FAQ on http://glade.gnome.org