[Glade-users] Buttons

Wecome to the linux community!

I don't know visial basic so I connot contrast it,  but I'll try to help
anyway.  I don't know what you know, so it's hard to write up a help.  One
persons question implied he thhought glade would write code for him to get
widgets to interact, when what it just writes the code for the front end.
You have to do the rest.

anyway, here goes...

Any widget, buttons included, emitte a 'signal'.  The simpliest thing to do
is, while in glade, click on the button, go over to the 'properties window',
click on the 'signal tab'.  You will see 'Signal', 'Handeler', 'Data' etc.
On the far right of Signal you will see a button with '...' on it.  Click it.
 A dialog box will pop up asking you which signal do you want.  Click on the
'CLICKED' signal.  Save and build.  This will create a an entry in the
callbacks.c file.  Load up a text editor (I use glimmer, others use glide,
emacs, whatever you like.)  You put the code you wish executed in that entry
in the callbacks.c file.  (In case you don't know, that is in the /src file.)

Once someone asked me for help connecting a few items.  An entry box for the
user to put text, a button that when clicked will drop the text into a list
box.  I'll send you the program.  The user face looks a little slappy (I
didn't create it, nor did I fix it) but it does show how this is done.  I'm
going to send this file to you.  If anyone else wants it, send me an e-mail.

-Jeff