[Glade-users] signal connection with data

Ed Winchester wrote:

If I use glade_xml_signal_autoconnect(), will I get the data that I
specified when I defined that signal?  How, like, could someone give me
a brief, understandable example?

Or, if the answer is that that function won't get it, would I first run
that function anyway to connect what it can connect, and then use
glade_xml_signal_connect_data() to reconnect each one that I need the
data from?

I'm not sure. Have a look at the libglade manual:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/libglade/gladexml.html

I have it in mind to have in my program an initialization section which
will use glade_xml_get_widget() and glade_xml_get_widget_prefix() to get
all the objects which my program has to interact with.  These objects
will come in as GtkWidget*, and then I'll cast them to, for example,
GtkButton by using the GTK_BUTTON macro, right?  Then I could interract
with the widget via the regular GTK function calls?

That is what we do in Evolution. Though we just keep them as GtkWidget*.