[Glade-users] please give me a hand?

Alex Damiani wrote:

Hi, I am new to this, as I said in the previous mail, so please bear
with me...
I found a nice tutorial on gtk on the Web, very well explained as far as
widgets go, but my question is about the language itself, now...
I have a C/C++ background, and I was trying to concatenate some strings,
and realized that neither strcat or strncat (which what I was used to in
C) would work... Let alone for String1+String2, which is what I did in
C++.
Could someone help me out with this, and also, where would I find help
and docs about such matters? About gtk basic syntax and data type
handling?

I strongly recommend you take a look at

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/glib/index.html

Read the entire thing, it will amply repay the time investment.  In the
specific case of string concatination you would have found the answer in
glib-string-utility-functions, specifically g_strdup_printf().

As far as basic (and advanced) Gtk+ syntax and data types I would
suggest you take a look at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/ there
also appears to be an Italian translation, although not speaking italian
myself, I can't vouch for it's quality.  The english version however
will cover almost everything you require.

Andrae