[Glade-users] Pixmaps read from /<package-name>

matt mcparland wrote:

I'd rather my pixmaps were read from <top_srcdir>/pixmaps rather than
<top_srcdir>/<package-name>.  I'm guessing that Glade reads from the
<package-name> directory because eventually pixmaps will be in
/usr/share/pixmaps/<package-name> but if I'm just developing, how can I
make Glade write interface.c such that it loads pixmaps from
<top_srcdir>/pixmaps?  I don't see how to modify configure.in or
src/Makefile.am to achieve this.

If this is not possible I'll live with it.  Glade is still a huge
convenience.

You want to be able to run the app without installing it?

I think that works for GTK+ apps. But I couldn't do this for GNOME,
since it uses internal functions to find certain pixmaps.

You may be able to hack around this by setting GNOMEDIR to something
like ~/gnome, then creating a ~/gnome/share/pixmaps directory, and adding
a link in there to your project's pixmaps directory,
e.g. ~/gnome/share/pixmaps/project1 -> ~/Projects/project1/pixmaps

That worked for me.