[Glade-users] UI question

Ken Huisman wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have another newbie glade/gtk question:

I have a window with the following on it:
a columned tree on the left
two buttons in the middle
a columned list on the right

and below all that, three buttons.

What I am having trouble with is how I want to
have the window resize.

Basically, if I make the window bigger, I want the
columned tree and the columned lists to grow and
all of the buttons to stay the same size.

But what happens is everything gets bigger
(especially the buttons at the bottom).

So how do I get this behavior, or at least behavior
such that my tree list and columned lists grow much
more than everything else?

Take a look at this .glade file, I think it demonstrates how you can do
it.
I built it with VBoxes and HBoxes, the resizing behaviour is handled by
selectively toggling EXPAND and FILL.

Andrae.