[Glade-users] (no subject)

Damon Chaplin wrote:

Carlos Caro wrote:

How can I port a Linux aplication to Windows?...To be more specific I worked with

Glade, and the GUI Library that I used are Gnome and Gtk+!

I've download some cygwin utilities, but I don't get my program be

able to work on Windows.

You should probably ask on the GTK+ on Win32 mailing lists. I haven't tried Glade
on Win32 so I can't help.

Carlos,
  OTOH it would be worth posting a summary of anything you find out to
the list.  I know I am interested in finding out about any issues
involved in running Gtk/Gnome/Glade/libglade applications on Win32.

Andrae

I managed to get the glade-editor example program up and running under
Windows without much difficulty.

You'll need to the following binaries from the GIMP Win32 download site,
http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

  glib-dev-20001226.zip, containing files necessary for developers of
  software that uses GLib (headers, DLLs and import libraries).

  libiconv-dev-20001007.zip, containing files for users of
  libiconv. Libiconv is a Free implementation of iconv. GLib uses iconv,
  so if you download glib-dev, you will also need this.

  gtk+-dev-20001226.zip, containing files necessary for developers of
  software that uses GTk+ (headers, DLLs and import libraries).

Source packages of these distributions are also available, but not necessary
for building Glade apps.

To build the glade-editor example program, I unpacked the above zip
files into c:/gtk+ (yielding c:/gtk+/src/gtk, c:/gtk+/src/glib, etc.).
I didn't have an up-to-date version of gcc (gcc-2.95.2 is recommended,
and necessary command-line aguments are described in
http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/README.win32).  So I built it
using VisualStudio 6.0.  Each .c file was compiled as follows:

cl.exe -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/gtk+/src/gtk+ -I/gtk+/src/gtk+/gdk -I/gtk+/src/glib -I../intl -c main.c

As I recall, I had a bit of trouble building some internationalization code,
probably because I didn't have gettext installed.  I simply commented out
a few internationalization calls and everything worked fine.

The link command was as follows:

link.exe /out:glade-editor.exe  main.o support.o interface.o callbacks.o -L/gtk+/src/gtk+/gtk
-L/gtk+/src/gtk+/gdk -L/gtk+/src/glib -L/gtk+/src/glib/gmodule gtk-1.3.lib gdk-1.3.lib gmodule-1.3.lib
glib-1.3.lib ../intl/libintl.a libc.lib

I haven't gone to the trouble of incorporating all this into the existing
Makefile.  If I do, I'd certainly be happy to pass it on...

Kudos to Tor Lillqvist (tml iki fi) for porting GTK+ and GIMP to
Windows.  Pretty damned remarkable.

- Mark

--
Mark Leone