[Glade-users] Glade questions.

Damon Chaplin wrote:

Any widgets, usually menu items and toolbuttons.
Oh, I see. Yes, getting menu & toolbar button sensitivity working well is a
pain. Though I think allowing groups of widgets to be made insensitive only
helps a little. You often still have to write a function like
set_interface_state() in glade_menu_editor.c to work out which widgets should
be sensitive.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand, and I don't have the Glade source
handy.  When and in what way would you need to "work out" what widgets
should be sensitive.

No I meant within Glade, before your program runs.
Oops. I thought you meant inserting rows. GtkCList doesn't support adding &
removing columns dynamically, unfortunately. So you have to remove it and
add a new GtkCList.

So are you saying that because GtkCList doesn't support adding, removing
and reordering columns at run-time, we can't do it at design-time either
because Glade uses a GtkCList to show the GtkCList?  Is it possible that
Glade could nuke the old CList and create a new one?  It's really
annoying if you've decided you need a new column in your program.

And I'll just make sure to add that I don't want to change anything at
run-time as others have misinterpreted.

Except, as I said, I can't figure out how to create an empty menu where
nothing is stable.
You'll have to create the submenus yourself, and call gtk_menu_item_set_submenu()
to add them to the parent menu items. (Make sure you don't show the menus though.)

OK, but shouldn't this be fixed in Glade?  I'd say having an empty
initial menu is more sensible, is not a totally rare operation, and it's
better to get Glade to do as much as possible.

--
         Matthew Tuck: Software Developer & All-Round Nice Guy
     My experience is that in general, if there's jobs programming