[Glade-users] Why doesn't Justify work?

Jeff Gaskill wrote:
I am creating a main form using the Gnome application window.  Within
the window I have placed a table in which I have used to layout my
various widgets.  I would like to know if anyone has had success using
the "Justify" option for buttons and labels.  I have placed several
widgets inside my table and have selected the "Justify, Right" option
on the widgets properties dialog.  Nothing happens.

I'm familiar with this problem and I know the solutions.

Firstly, "Justify" only applies to the subsequent lines of text relative
to the first.  Type a multi-line label to see it working.  Use "X Align"
to do justification of the text within the area of the label.  Set "X
Align" to 0 for left justification, 0.5 for centre, and 1.0 for right.

Secondly, examine the area outlined by the handles when the widget is
selected.  This is the area into which the justification and alignment
operates.  If the handles do not extend to the limits of the parent
widget allocated area, and you want them to to, then on the label
widget, properties window, place tag, make sure "X Fill" is Yes.  This
causes the label to adopt the geometry requested by the parent widget.

Experiment to find out what each attribute does.

--
James Cameron                                 (james cameron compaq com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/