[Glade-users] Accessing a specific widget

RJ Krawchuk wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your help on a previous post. I realize that in order to
access a widget, you need to use the lookup_widget function, I understand
how I am supposed to access it this way when I have a set such as ths:
Window
          |_ CList      - CList = lookup_widget(Window, "CList"); Assuming the
variables have been initialized, this works (Thanks to Andrae Muys)

However, in a new project I have set up it fails. I do not get any errors
but it crashes with a segmentation directly related to the lookup_widget
function. The widget tree looks like this:
winViewLogs
             |_+dock1
             |_+nbviewlogs
                        |_scrolledwindow1
                                         |_cl_bootlog
        No matter where I try the lookup_widget function to get a return poiinter
to any of the above widgets, I keep receiving a segmentation fault. I have
included the code as well, just to make sure if I was missing something. I
was able to isolate it to the lookup_widget function.

You have winViewLogs declared as a global:

GtkWidget *winViewLogs;

and then in main():

int
main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
        GtkWidget *winViewLogs;

So the global variable is not being set at all.

Get rid of the declaration in main() and it should work better.